Mesmerising Kashmir!
Not sure how to start with ...as this is the first time I am writing a blog. The reason I decided was to display the talent which I have .. which is an inner calling from my Soul that is "Photography"
Have visited lot of places in India but there is no comparison to this Heaven On Earth. Rightly said as "Switzerland of INDIA" The most amazing place I have ever seen. Have tried capturing the nature, the culture , the Food, the People. Visiting this place was one of the best decision of my life . This was my first visit and I enjoyed it to the core. Captured every nook and corner of the city starting from Srinagar.
The warm welcome at the Airport showed how people are eargerly waiting for the tourist in this state. The time of travel was not so favourable one as elections were in the radar. Could feel the tension in the air as Srinagar airport was guarded by Military Men. The only feeling which I got looking at then was to Salute them "Jai Hind". They also had a warm smile on their face. Their Dedicated and commitment was very much visible.
Straight went to see the Mughal Garden. One of the finest Garden with different types of flowers.. colours. Mughal Gardens are a group of Gardens built by the Mughal on Persian style. Next was the place where I stayed i.e Dal Lake.
Dal is a lake in Srinagar, The summer Capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It's known as Jewel in the grown of Kashmir! The vast sheet of water reflecting the wooden carved balconies of the houseboats. It was a dream come true for me. The first time our Shikara rowed us to our houseboat Named "Mashaal" I was wonderstuck! How can a house boat be so wonderfully carved. It looked like a 7star hotel from inside with all modern amenities. It was a 2BHK house. Living room with a TV, wooden carved sofa, everything felt like one palace which is specially carved for Kingdom. We almost felt like entering the royal Kingdom. Then we entered the Dinning area. The table the chair everything was so Grand. I almost felt like Alice in Wonderland! Was amazed
We had a helper whom we called Kaka. He got us hot water bags as it was very cold. .. People in Kashmir are so warm .. their heart is so welcoming .. all the news just vanished from our mind about what's happening around in Kashmir. Every night kaka helped us with hot water bags which saved us from cold. It was not an easy challenge to get adjusted from 35 degree to lowest as 2 degree climate. But we managed it bcz of the warmth and affection of people around
Would be gradually writing more on this place but right now I am short of words. So enjoy watching few of my clicks posted below.
Nicely written..but i enjoyed the pics more then words..
ReplyDeleteAmazing 😍😍
ReplyDelete